Ooh, I definitely know that feeling! Here are a few styles that worked for me while my hair was growing out:
- Tuck and roll — The video here shows someone with long hair doing it, but it’s definitely possible with shorter hair!
- Basketweave — Though it took forever for my hair to be long enough to do one down the middle, it works well on short hair by doing one on each side.
- Modified ponytails — Try gathering the locks on the top half of your head and making a ponytail with them. Then leave the bottom half hanging. You can also fancy up the top with braiding as well.
- Curls and waves — You can make your locks look wavy or curly by using flexi-rods, perm rods, and braidouts. This gives great volume and texture to locks of any thickness!
- Chescalocs has a great playlist of styles for short locks.
- And here is another playlist of starter lock styles by LocdNLovelyRita.
Our site also has a tag for lock styles, so check it out and see if any photos inspire you!
Hopefully this was helpful!